Friday, March 12, 2010

Books

I've forgotten how nice it is to have time to just find a place and read! This morning I worked the opening shift at the Lyon Center, so I basically got paid to read from 6 in the morning till 10. It was great! And so I finally got to finish the John Piper book I was working on. His writing never ceases to amaze me!

I worked a special event at the intramural field at 3pm and again, got paid to sit there and do nothing. So I did what I usually do when I have nothing to do... I read! I started "The Picture of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde.

I haven't read classic literature in so long and now I can't remember why that's so. I'm sure the whole lack of time has something to do with it. So far, the book is great! I hope I have time to finish it during my spring break.

It was great to just be able to sit out in the grass, with the sun shining, but not scorching, and the wind blowing just the right amount.. Thank you, Lord, for a beautiful day!



No comments: