Wednesday, February 17, 2010

He does care

(Before reading this, refer to the previous post)

This morning as I laid in bed, I felt the heaviness of burdens and anxieties so strongly in my spirit, that it actually felt like a physical sort of weight. As I laid there, dreading the coming day, I realized that the birds outside were chirping; in the year that I've lived in this apartment, I've never ever woken up to the sound of birds chirping.

How appropriately God speaks to His people in their time of need!


"Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" -Matthew 6:25-26

No comments: