Monday, February 15, 2010

Even the Litto Birdies

I follow Noel Piper's (wife of Pastor and Preacher John Piper) blog and on it she posted the link to the blog of a friend of hers. The post really, really spoke to my heart and spirit. And so I will share it here with the hopes that it will touch more hearts, including yours.

I'm so quick to forget that God takes care of everything single thing in our lives; He sees it all and He actually cares. He doesn't just care, but he really cares. I get so caught up in the whirlwind of life that I relegate passages like Matthew 6 to a nice little story that doesn't really mean anything, all-along forgetting that these are His promises and His truths to His people.

How many times have I isolated myself from the blessings of God, all because I was too stubborn or too weak in my faith to believe that God really does care for me? Far too many.

No comments: