Friday, March 11, 2011

The Gift of Life

Tonight we had a celebration! Tonight we celebrated and rejoiced in the fact that a year and a half ago, Jennie was diagnosed with a grade IV glioblastoma, and today she is finished with chemotherapy and is alive and doing well. Jennie is doing so well that she's actually graduating in May after being out of school for nearly a year!!

I think it's been easy for me to miss the sheer amazingness of it all--to miss the bountiful blessings that God has so generously poured out. The Lord has used Jennie tremendously in my life; he has used her to show me and to reveal to me so many things. Through her life and through her tribulations, I have learned of the immense frailty of this life. I have learned of the immense evil and suffering of this life. And I have learned of the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.

Jennie's life has caused me to reflect on my own life more than any other life aside from that of Jesus Christ. You have moved my heart in ways that only Jesus can and will ever truly know. This is a post for you, Jennie! I love you and am so thankful to God for you!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

diggin' the pic :P