Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Who Do You Want To Be?

Tonight I went to a talk by Dallas Willard that is a part of the University Religious Center's series, "Who Do You Want to Be?" Willard's talk was one of the best I've ever heard him give and I've definitely heard my share. (I've had him as a professor for two philosophy courses and am taking two more philosophy courses with him this semester).

In brief, he spoke a little bit about himself (which was such a joy because he so rarely does it). This set the backdrop for the focus of his talk, which was his two cents on how to discover who we want to be. As an added bonus, he talked about his two favorite things (and mine), truth and beauty. I've provided a link that you can click on to listen to the lecture and question and answer session that followed. It's an audio clip that is well worth your time.

No comments: